Friday, February 8, 2013

It's Almost Here!

Hi everyone :) I can't believe my new book will be here in less than a week! I'm so excited! And to show how excited I am, I'm posting an excerpt here! Yaay! So spread the word and don't miss this opportunity.

Here's your look into Heart of a Stripper:





Nevaeh walked into the apartment she shared with her dad, and saw him staring at the TV. They locked eyes briefly as she stood by the door, before closing it. She was surprised to find him awake that time of day, in the afternoon. Sucking in a breath, she started to walk past him to her room. He was wearing a white tank top and blue shorts with white socks. His hair was rough and he had a beard to match. Of course, there was a can of beer in his hand, and she was sure he was drunk.
“Where the hell you been?” he grumbled, in a husky voice.
“School.” She said, sarcastically as she slipped between him and the TV.
“You’re in my way!” he shouted throwing the beer can at her.
She dodged it, and it hit the flat screen TV that she brought a few days ago. On impact, the beer splattered all over the screen. That enraged him and he shot to his feet.
“Look what you did, bitch!!” he shouted.
“Sorry, I didn’t let it hit me.” She said cynically, yet hurt by his words.
“Clean that shit up now! And after that, cook me dinner.” He ordered staring over at her.
“I’m not your wife dad.” She answered.
“What did you say to me?” he asked, narrowing his eyes at her.
Swallowing hard, she shook her head.
“Nothing, dad.” She sighed walking towards her room.
“Get back here and clean my damn TV!” he shouted.
“I have homework!” she shouted back, as she sat her book bag on her bed.
Her room was tiny, but she was working on making it look cozy. So far, she had a twin sized bed and had decorated her walls somewhat. Closing her room door, she pulled out her text and notebooks before sitting down. Not too soon after, he door swung open and her dad was standing there, more than irate.
“Don’t sit there and act like you’re smart.” He barked. “You’re not good for anything but lying on your back.”
Nevaeh looked up to him as she gripped the pen she had in her hand. She fought back tears as he kept tearing into her, chipping away more and more of her soul.
“You’re a whore just like your mother. Don’t think I don’t know that you sneak out of the house. You’re never going to amount to anything but a slut.” He bit.
“You don’t know anything about me.” She whispered.
“I know plenty.” He insisted. “You think making a little money from selling your body is going to help you? You’ll never amount to anything just like your mother.” He growled.




No comments:

Post a Comment